Re: Win32 hard crash problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Win32 hard crash problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm a bit fear to to engage into this thread, but I've seen also
reproducible case when libpq client stops working and 'vaccuum analyze'
helped. It's happened on Windows Server 2003 and XP with PostgreSQL 8.1.4.
I don't have client source code, so I can't say more, but customer's developer
said the same behaviour was observed on Linux with 8.1.0 and has gone in 8.1.4.
They said, that this happens only with enabled row statistics.
Client inserts some data in transaction, backend writes 'COMMIT' to log,
but client wait something and 'vacuum analyze' of all database in some
magic way pushed the process.

I've got their installation CD and will try to investigate this problem.
Any suggestions ? I'm not familiar with W32 at all.

Oleg

On Tue, 5 Sep 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

>> Yes, unfortunately there isn't much more to be had for another 2 weeks ;)
>
> I trust they've got the reboot time and they will know exactly how long
> from reboot to problem?  I'm not all that sold on the "GetTickCount
> overflow" theory, but certainly we ought not be missing a chance to test
> or disprove it.
>
>             regards, tom lane

    Regards,        Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83