Re: tsearch2 and case - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: tsearch2 and case
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Uwe C. Schroeder wrote:

> First of all: Happy Independence Day.
>
> I've got a quick question for those with tsearch2 experience.
> I set tsearch2 up and it works great (although I'd like to search for phrases
> too, but I guess that's not supported at this time).
> Anyways, I noted that the search seems to be case sensitive for some search
> terms, particularly abbreviations. So if I'm searching with
>
> to_tsquery('ABCD')  - where ABCD is a standard abbreviation, I get a lot of
> hits, but I get none with to_tsquery('abcd') because the abbreviation is
> always upper case in my text.
>
> I'd like the search to be completely case insensitive. Can anyone point me in
> the right direction?

use your own dictionary ! Read gendict tutorial for details.
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/oddmuse/index.cgi/Gendict
I would create simple dictionary abbrev which recognize your abbreviations
and use it first before any other dicts. btw, if you did it general enough
please share with us, so other people could use it.

> Thanks for any help.
>
>     UC
>
> --
> Open Source Solutions 4U, LLC    2570 Fleetwood Drive
> Phone:  +1 650 872 2425        San Bruno, CA 94066
> Cell:   +1 650 302 2405        United States
> Fax:    +1 650 872 2417

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83