Re: Postgress and MYSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: Postgress and MYSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, Rick Gigger wrote:

> > >Does anyone have any experience with postgers full text search?
> > >
> > It works well but it is my understanding that our docs search doesn't
> > use PostgreSQL
> > and TSearch. It uses PostgreSQL monogo search or something like that.
>
> That's good to hear.  What is monogo and is it the problem here?  Why don't
> it use TSearch if it is better?  Is it just a matter of someone taking the
> time to set it up?

I don't understand also, why not use tsearch2 for searching postgresql
documentation. All docs contains about 10-20 K unique words !
Searching arhives is another story and we're working on it on www.pgsql.ru
btw, have you seen it ?

    Regards,
        Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83