Re: tsearch2 patch for 7.4.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: tsearch2 patch for 7.4.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Teodor Sigaev wrote:

> No problem, dictionary with support of compounds will be avaliable as separate
> contrib module from our site till 7.5.

Hmm, I think better not to introduce another dictionary, which require
additional efforts to configure tsearch2, but maintain whole module
with new ispell dictionary builtin.

Oleg

> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > Tom Lane kirjutas N, 20.11.2003 kell 17:18:

> >>This strikes me as a feature addition, and therefore not appropriate for
> >>the 7.4 branch.  You should only commit bug fixes into stable branches,
> >>not feature additions.
> >

> > Is this so even for contrib ?
> >
> > I seem to remember that there have been new feature popping up in
> > contrib in stable branches earlier.
> >
> > But if the general direction is to stabilise contrib as well, what about
> > committing it as a separate patch file
> > contrib/tsearch2/patches/compond-words-patch.1 , so that these people
> > (or german/norvegian linux distributors) who consider lack of support
> > for compound words a bug can apply it themselves before building ?

> > Hannu

Regards,    Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83