Re: psql crashes postmaster - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Krzysztof Czuma
Subject Re: psql crashes postmaster
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

On Sun, 25 Feb 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> > postmaster crashes every time a user tries to access database from psql
>
> Does it fail for all users, or just some?

For one user. I deleted user and this database and created them again. Now
it works.

> Did it used to work and is
> now failing, or is this a new installation that's never worked?

I am not sure when the user started to use his database. He claimed, he
has been using the database one month.

> What shows up in the postmaster log when this happens?  (If you're not
> running with a postmaster log, reconsider that.)

I tried to find how to read pg_log but I failed. :)

Kind regards,
Krzysztof Czuma