Re: backend closed - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From D. Duccini
Subject Re: backend closed
Date
List pgsql-novice
i've seen this with oracle as well.  its usually a networking thing,
though it might be a crash of sometype.  is it dumping core?

what version/os/configs?

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000, Brian D. Woodruff wrote:

> I am getting an error when updating or deleting a record from a table -
> select and insert work
>
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly. This probably
> means the backend terminated abnormally before or while processing the
> request.
>
> any ideas?
>
> BDW

david@backpack.com            BackPack Software, Inc.        www.backpack.com
+1 651.645.7550 voice       "Life is an Adventure.
+1 651.645.9798 fax            Don't forget your BackPack!"