Unsupported frontend protocol message. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Graeme E Burke
Subject Unsupported frontend protocol message.
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,

Sorry for my last post (wrong address)

Anyways, I have compiled both the Pg.pm perl module and the psql monitor
program on solaris 5.5.1, but when trying to access a postregesql database
via tcp/ip on a linux box i am unsuccessful. I get the following error on
both attempts, in using the test.pl from Pg.pm and psql:

Unsupported frontend protocol.

It does not seem to be a security thing as it works via ip from the linux
machine. I am thinking that i may have compiled the binaries wrong? I did
it automagically via  ./configure and make.

I am using postgresql-6.3.2

any ideas?
thanks.
--graeme
please cc me in as i might not be subscribed.