Re: [SQL] Has every postgreSQL database own users? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Remigiusz Sokolowski
Subject Re: [SQL] Has every postgreSQL database own users?
Date
List pgsql-sql
> hi all
>
> Has every postgreSQL database own users?
>
> for example:
>
> If I have databases with name "db1" and "db2". I want to have user
> "user1" for "db1" and user "user1" (same name, but with other password)
> for "db2". Is this available?
AFAIK this is not possible. Users of postgres are stored in table
pg_shadow and this table is shared between all of databases. I'm not sure
if this is also in case when You create another database system, but
suppose that even in this case user must be unique.
    Rem

Remigiusz Sokolowski      e-mail: rems@gdansk.sprint.pl           * *