Re: GSSAPI support [was: Re: New drivers released] - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: GSSAPI support [was: Re: New drivers released]
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Nov 2008, Stephen Frost wrote:
>
>> What needs to happen to get the GSSAPI/Krb5 support added into the
>> official releases?
>>

> At this point I think it just needs some additional configuration options
> added to it.  We need something equivalent to PGKRBSRVNAME and an option to
> configure the application name that is looked up in the login configuration
> file.  That's pretty straightforward, so official GSSAPI support will be
> included in the 8.4 driver series.

I have committed the gssapi code with these additional configuration
options to CVS.  A section should be added to the documentation describing
what the login configuration file should contain, but I haven't gotten to
that yet.

Kris Jurka