Re: pgweb cvs repository moving ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: pgweb cvs repository moving ...
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 November 2007 11:51, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> All of gborg is going down ...
>>

> Wow, I think thats a horrible decision.

Indeed.  Archiving CVS repositories is only a minor part of the problem as
anyone familiar with the gborg migration will tell you.  Mailing lists,
their archives, bug reports, file downloads, ... All that stuff has to be
dealt with.  If we're never going to come up with an automated migration
plan, then we at least need to allow time for people to do a manual
migration or archival of what they feel is important to their projects.
Unilaterally declaring that gborg will be shutdown with a 24 hour window
doesn't seem reasonable.  I'm sure many interested parties aren't even
subscribed to this list.

If you want to give up on automated migration, then we need a wider
announcement, more time, and the readiness of pgfoundry admins to
accomodate the needs of moving projects.

Kris Jurka