Re: pgsql: Fix backend crash in parsing incorrect tsquery. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeremy Drake
Subject Re: pgsql: Fix backend crash in parsing incorrect tsquery.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> We don't treat crashes to be security issues of the kind that calls for
> the full security exercise.

But if a "security issue", by whatever definition of the term applies to
core, is found in contrib, it would result in the full security exercise,
correct?

Of course, the people I am trying to convince that contrib is not insecure
have yet to update their server with the latest security release (still
running 8.1.3), so it is probably pretty much moot :)

--
Anyone can hold the helm when the sea is calm.    -- Publius Syrus