Re: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, zqzuk wrote:

> Hi,  I am using PostgreSQL with Spring, Hibernate on my web application. I
> came across such an exception when my application attempts to query the
> database. It is strange that it didnt happen when the application creates
> and populates databases; but when it performs "selects" operations. The
> exception message is:
>
> Exception invoking listener method onLogin of component Home: Failure
> invoking listener method 'public java.lang.String
> tuition.page.Home.onLogin()' on $Home_0@1d35bf2[Home]: Hibernate operation:
> Cannot open connection; uncategorized SQLException for SQL [???]; SQL state
> [null]; error code [0]; Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (The
> connection attempt failed.); nested exception is
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
> PoolableConnectionFactory (The connection attempt failed.)

Nothing in this stack trace implies a postgresql problem beyond the
connection failure.  This could be because of an incorrect URL or password
or similar.  Recheck your connection information and look at the server
error log for more information about the failed connection.

Kris Jurka