Re: the PDF documentation on postgresql.org - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: the PDF documentation on postgresql.org
Date
List pgsql-docs

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005, Saquib Farooq Malik wrote:

>   Can anyone guide me through the exact process of
> creating PDF documentation used by www.postgresql.org.

I built the 7.4 and 8.0 pdfs on postgresql.org.  I was able to do so by
using the sgml tools available in the old debian stable (Woody).  You must
use plain jade instead of openjade (which crashes).  Trying this on debian
unstable took about ten days on an Athlon ~1500, but it did complete.  I
suspect the problem is related to different stylesheet versions, but I
have not actually confirmed this.

Kris Jurka