Re: benchmarking postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From bpalmer
Subject Re: benchmarking postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Dann Corbit wrote:

> Why not attach a hundred users and run the same test.  MySQL will be
> licking *everyone's* boots.  Each and every program listed would
> positively slam them into the floor and grind their face in the dirt
> (unless they have made some monumental improvements recently).
>
>> http://www.mysql.com/information/benchmarks.html
>>
>> Does anyone feel like running the MySQL benchmark against postgres 7.2
>> see if there's been a real speed improvement??

Why don't we have some pretty graphs like that on the postgres site?  I
agree that the mysql tests against single user are useless,  but users see
the FUD of pretty pictures and are mislead.  If mysql is giving out
information like that,  shouldn't we also have some pretty pictures?  If
they exist,  i've never seen them on the main site.

Thoughts..

- Brandon

              h: 201-798-4983b. palmer,  bpalmer@crimelabs.net           pgp:crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5