Re: Extracting octets from an inet column - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Pilosov
Subject Re: Extracting octets from an inet column
Date
List pgsql-general
host() function doesn't do what you think it does.

Solution for your problem is munging data a bit in plperl (or pltcl or
plpgsql).

create function extract_octet(inet,int4) returns int4 as '
  my @x=split /\\./, shift;
  return $x[shift];
' language 'plperl';