DBD::Pg and NOTIFY (was Re: Synchronous LISTEN/NOTIFY?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Pilosov
Subject DBD::Pg and NOTIFY (was Re: Synchronous LISTEN/NOTIFY?)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh@pop.jaring.my> writes:
> > Uhoh, since I'm using perl does that mean I have to patch DBI and Pg::DBD?
>
> Couldn't say.  I didn't have much trouble setting up a Tcl application
> to work smoothly with NOTIFY events, but I've never tried such a thing
> in Perl.  Any Perl gurus out there who can pontificate about how to
> set up an event loop in Perl?
Very easy to do with old Pg interface (you just register a notify handler,
like in libpq), but currently DBD::Pg is not notify-aware. I wanted to fix
that (should be simple), but I think it'll have to wait a month or two
till I get a spare minute...

-alex