Re: Hello PL/Python - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alex Pilosov
Subject Re: Hello PL/Python
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > handlers were done a couple months ago.
> >
> >     PL/pgSQL   (what  you  did)  and  PL/Tcl  (done  lately)  are
> >     converted to the new FMGR NULL-capabilities.
> >
> >     Dunno about PL/Perl.
>
> I don't think anyone knows about PL/Perl.  :-)  (It is broken on many
> platforms.)

I believe that plperl failures are related to building perl as a shared
library which isn't done in many platforms. PL/Perl by itself seems pretty
darn stable to me.

Now, when PL/Perl will have some sort of SPI interface...That'd rock ;)
My idea was to implement SPI as a DBD driver, such as DBD::PgSPI, but I
don't have time to implement it...

-alex