Re: Re: Anyone using ReiserFS in production work? (or advise against it?) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Pilosov
Subject Re: Re: Anyone using ReiserFS in production work? (or advise against it?)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 4 Jul 2000 felix@crowfix.com wrote:

> "Randall Parker" <randall@nls.net> writes:
>
> > The title says it all: Is this a foolhardy or prudent and wise move
> > at this time?
> >
> > Has anyone run Postgres databases on ReiserFS volumes under heavy
> > enough load and for long enough to get a sense of how stable it is?
Not very heavy load, but for long enough time.

> > Anyone tried pulling the power plug under heavy load to find out if
> > ReiserFS is less prone to volume corruption than ext2 under these
> > circumstances?
Less. I never had "bad" corruption with reiser. On other hand, I never had
'bad' corruption with ext2 either. ;) But theoretically, its possible with
ext2 and avoidable with reiser.