Re: [GENERAL] Optimizations for busy DB?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Optimizations for busy DB??
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 13 May 1999, Brian wrote:

> > Actually, you're right -- you only want to pass -B to the backend if you
> > are running it standalone, otherwise use the postmaster option.  Note,
>
> standalone as opposed to what?  I run it with -i and have clients all over
> connecting to it?

You can run postgres directly without the postmaster, for debugging
purposes.  This isn't recommended for regular usage, of course.

Brett W. McCoy
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
Brook's Law:
    Adding manpower to a late software project makes it later