Re: Debian stable, was Re: Storing Large Objects - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From brew@theMode.com
Subject Re: Debian stable, was Re: Storing Large Objects
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Gordon Haverland wrote:

> For stable, one can always look to www.backports.org to get newer
> software versions, instead of using the sometimes "ancient" stuff in
> "stable".  Backports has 7.4.7-1 as the version it is distributing.

Hey, that's pretty neat.  I love apt-get (lazy?), getting a newer version
of postgreSQL that is compiled against the stable libs looks pretty good.
I'll try it out on one of my test servers - I think it might be safer
eventually to do that on my production server rather than run Debian
testing.  I'm rather nervous about that because apt-get testing once left
my laptop without php for a few days, that would be a disaster for a
production website!

Thanks Gordon.

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)