Re: Which Interface with Windows (libpgtcl) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Jason C. Wells
Subject Re: Which Interface with Windows (libpgtcl)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, L J Bayuk wrote:

> Here's my advice. If you are serving web pages from PostgreSQL data, and
> aren't committed to Tcl for some reason, and are on a platform where you
> can get or build the PostgreSQL PHP interface: no contest, go with PHP.
> As much as I like Tcl, PHP is a much better language for serving web pages,
> and the PostgreSQL PHP module is really solid.

I am not serving webpages per se.  I could run the app in the browser and
have the same outcome as running the app in the TK window.  I think the
richer UI features of TK are worth examining.  Plus, this is an
exploratory foray into writing scripts under windows.  With my current
database and document library, I find myself doing the same things over
and over.  That's a job for scripting!

And thanks for all your other pointers.  I'll try to stay away from the
gotchas that you mentioned.

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells