Re: Open 7.3 items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: Open 7.3 items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> > > I think I am prety close, and I don't see a configure flag as any better
> > > than a GUC option that is off by default.
> >
> > But how many people would even use it?  I can't see adding the bloat
> > unnecessarily and risking it accidently being turned on.  Am I wrong
> > and really alot of people actually want/need this?
>
> Well, the demand seems to be larger than I thought, considering the
> number of people who have chimed in and want certain features, like
> multiple global users.  I see this being using more by ISP's and
> universities that need better user/db partitioning.

I don't know that concern over a possible limited number of global
users is directly proportional to the desire for the feature.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking     http://www.camping-usa.com      http://www.cloudninegifts.com  http://www.meanstreamradio.com
 http://www.unknown-artists.com