Re: benchmarking postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: benchmarking postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 13 Feb 2002, mlw wrote:

> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >
> > Look at this: (top one)
> >
> > http://www.mysql.com/information/benchmarks.html
> >
> > Does anyone feel like running the MySQL benchmark against postgres 7.2 to
> > see if there's been a real speed improvement??
> >
> > Chris
>
> These guys are just A$%$%holes. We have to come up with a benchmark which shows
> the the difference between a stupid little file-locking single user toy, and a
> real tansactional system.
>
> Maybe we too can put in little snide remarks about MySQL.

If someone comes up with a simple and objective comparison (preferably
with the nice color pictures mentioned previously :) and it's professional
looking (no childish slams, etc) I'll be happy to put it on the website.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com