Re: Shared library versions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Shared library versions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 9 May 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> We did not bump the shared library versions before the 7.1 release.
> Maybe we should do this before 7.1.2 goes out.

Ummm ... unless there are any changes that would require someone to
recompile their apps between v7.1.1 and v7.1.2, I don't think so ... they
we are just creating potential problems for those upgrading from
v7.1/v7.1.1 to the latest stable, where there are no changes ...

If we were to do it, it would have to be on the v7.x, not v7.x.y ...