Re: Hey guys, check this out. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Hey guys, check this out.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
there is little, to nothing, factual about that whole article ...

"Great Bridge essentially gives away its open-source database application
at little cost..."
- thannk god I can get it completely for free, eh?

"Great Bridge executives say their licensing costs for the software..."
- someone want to tell me when they started charging licensing  costs?

"...nearly 25 years ago"
- I thought it was around '85?  That's only 15 years ...

"Version 7.1, due to ship at the end of June..."
- should I pull what we've released? *raised eyebrow*

"...is the marketing and channel arm for PostgreSQL"
- they are?

I wonder, is Great Bridge going to step up and correct the *several*
mis-conceptions that have been touted in their name?  There were alot of
quotes from GB in there, so I wonder ... ?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org