Re: pgindent run? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: pgindent run?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Does the silence mean I should pick a date to run this?
> >
> > If you're going to do it before the release, I think you should do it
> > *before* we wrap RC1.  I've said before and will say again that I think
> > it's utter folly to run pgindent at the conclusion of the test cycle.
> > I've been around this project for three major release cycles and we have
> > seen errors introduced by pgindent in two of them.  I don't trust
> > pgindent to be bug-free and I don't believe you should either.
>
> OK, running now.  Should I run it at another time or never?

I'll put my vote on Tom's side of things ... run if after the release,
right at the start of the next development cycle, so that any bugs that
crop up aren't just as we are trying to release ...

Hell, maybe once then and once *just* as we are going into first beta of a
release ... Tom?