Re: pgsql/doc/src/sgml admin.sgml advanced.sgml ar ... - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: pgsql/doc/src/sgml admin.sgml advanced.sgml ar ...
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Sat, 13 Jan 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Yeeh.
> >
> > sad, actually ... we try to be SQL complaint, yet we can't handle the
> > terminology? :(
>
> Yes, I know we are baby-ing the terminology. My feeling is that this
> stuff is complicated enough, and we should make it as easy as possible,
> but I realize this is debatable.
>
> Someone brought this about my book's use of terminology.

As Tom brought up, I may be the one confused here ... but, our
documentation should be using the *accurate* terminology ... if that is
table/row/column, so be it, it was me confused ... if it is something
else (class/instance/attribute), then *that* is what our documentation
should be providing ...

If you want simpilication/babying, switch to Microsoft ... if you want to
learn/undertand, then use a real database ...

How does Oracle refer to them?  How does Informix?  Sybase?