Re: Contents of greatbridge.com? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: Contents of greatbridge.com?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Tommy wrote:

> >From what I understand they went out of business. I have not seen the site
> morrored anywhere.
>
> I wonder what this means for the future of PostgreSQL?

You must be new here 'cuze this has been covered many times in the
last few weeks.

PostgreSQL is not now, nor has it ever been a product or property of
Great Bridge.  PostgreSQL, Inc has been around longer than Great Bridge
and is still running just fine.  In fact there's currently nine companies
listed on the PostgreSQL website that do the exact same thing as GB,
among them is PostgreSQL, Inc, and RedHat.

The projects website is, or is about to be available at

           http://gborg.postgresql.org

So to answer your question about what the future is for PostgreSQL?  Just
as bright as ever.

Vince.