Re: Link to bug webpage - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: Link to bug webpage
Date
Re: Link to bug webpage
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > >It's up to the group to decide.  If we have a database of bugs, I think
> > >it has to be complete.  I think a partial list is worse than no list at
> > >all.
> > >

> > I disagree. Unless you are omniscient, we will only ever have a partial list.
> >
> > Perhaps more importantly, the more common ones will be in the list, because
> > the more often it's reported, the more likely someone will use the bug
> > tool. If we develop a culture that says 'if it's on the bug list, it will
> > get looked at', then more people will report bugs via the correct channels
> > etc.
>
> That is the real question.  Do we want to rely more heavily on a bug
> database rather than the email lists?  I haven't heard many say they
> want that.

The database keeps track of it.  When someone uses the bugtool to
report a bug it's mailed to the bugs list.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore
http://www.cloudninegifts.com