Re: Re: Interesting Atricle - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: Re: Interesting Atricle
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Yours too?  I turned off Java/Javascript to get it to load and I am on
> > > BSD/OS.  Strange it so univerally crashes.
> >
> > Really odd.  I have Java/Javascript with FreeBSD and Netscape 4.76 and
> > read it just fine.  One difference tho probably, I keep style sheets
> > shut off.  Netscape crashes about 1% as often as it used to.
>
> I can confirm turning off stylesheets fixed the crash on my system too.
> Vince, what disadvantages are there to keep stylesheets off?

Text placement and colors on some sites gets a bit out of whack.  Datek's
website has text on top of other text, but still works.  I trashed the
style sheets on the PostgreSQL website long ago and never used them on
other sites I write.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net        56K Nationwide Dialup from $16.00/mo
atPop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop Superstore