Re: regression.out and regression.diff - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: regression.out and regression.diff
Date
Re: regression.out and regression.diff  (Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Vince Vielhaber writes:
>
> > is regression.out and/or regression.diff deleted if the tests pass?  I've
> > never seen all tests pass so I don't know but I just had someone tell me
> > that it does.
>
> We've come to a point where all tests should pass all the time on all
> supported platforms.  If they don't, that's a bug and should be posted to
> a mailing list.
>
> The test output should come from 'gmake check', not the test against an
> already installed server ('installcheck').

It was a snapshot - no idea what kind of shape it was in and I don't
recall how I did the check, but it may have been installcheck.

Either way my question still needs to be answered.  If there are no
errors, is regression.out and regression.diff deleted?  I can see the
diff file being empty, but deleted?

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH    email: vev@michvhf.com    http://www.pop4.net128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from
$16.00/moat Pop4 Networking       Online Campground Directory    http://www.camping-usa.com      Online Giftshop