Re: 7.1 printed manuals - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: 7.1 printed manuals
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Also, shouldn't we be distributing PDF files rather than PS files.  I
> always considered PS files to be unportable because they assume you have
> the same fonts with identical font spacing installed on your machine.
> PDF embeds the fonts inside the file.
>
> The other nifty feature of PDF files is bookmarks.  They are pdfmarks
> placed in the PS file which generates a bookmarks lists in Adobe
> Acrobat.  I find it allows people to jump around in the text much
> quicker.  I used it in the PDF version of my book.  It is automatically
> generated by LaTeX for every Chapter/Section in the book.  Not sure if
> you can do that with Applixware.

http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/admin.pdf
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/programmer.pdf
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/tutorial.pdf
http://www.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/user.pdf

Only takes a minnit to create them.  I'll put links up to them later.
BTW, gotta have the ps version to create the pdf this way.

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking