Re: [HACKERS] [6.5.3] FATAL 1: my bits moved right off the end of the world! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [HACKERS] [6.5.3] FATAL 1: my bits moved right off the end of the world!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> Isn't that what you get after a btree index has gotten corrupted?
> (Probably by trying to insert a too-large index entry?)
>
> I thought we'd put in a defense against oversize index entries,
> but maybe it hasn't made it to the REL6_5 series...

Suggestion on what to check for this?  if it restart the process, it
appears to resume from where it left off, so I'm guessing it isn't in the
application itself...?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org