Re: [GENERAL] Oft Ask: How to contribute to PostgreSQL? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Oft Ask: How to contribute to PostgreSQL?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm glad we are all thinking alike :)

1. don't like that one...that's what we do the support contracts,
   consulting and database hosting for...and the merchandise.  the
   merchandise has the added benefit of providing advertising for the
   project too, so everyone wins.

   we are looking into expanding the product line also, currently talking
   with our supplier on this...

   IMHO, I'd rather have ppl sign up for support contracts and use them,
   then just having "donations" flow in...its what we formed PostgreSQL,
   Inc to do...

2. see http://www.pgsql.com/features ... its a start, we will expand on it
   over the next few days, add a cgi backend, etc etc...

3. I feel that this one ties directly into 2...pick a feature taht that
   developer has taken on according to the TODO list...

On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, Lincoln Yeoh wrote:

> At 08:56 PM 05-12-1999 -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
> >   pages off of http://www.pgsql.com that will provide a cleaner means of
> >   contribute financially towards having features implemented, as well as
>
> How about a website where the public can stick in their credit card number
> and donate directly to
> 1) Postgres Inc/Org (which then could pay out "salaries")
> 2) A particular Postgres project (if necessary).
> 3) A particular developer (if it won't be detrimental to team spirit).
>
> And everyone knows how much is going where- logs of total donations,
> donations per month, per project etc.
>
> Developers could even donate to each other if they feel that someone is not
> being compensated enough for whatever reason (not enough visibility).
>
> Could also have a Thank you page for things like "Keep up the good work",
> "Mucho gracias!", etc (criticism and bug reports should be kept to mailing
> lists).

A comments page?  Lincoln Yech <lylyech@mecomb.com> says this about
PostreSQL...?  Doable, let me play with it...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org