Re: Getting lengths of variable fields - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: Getting lengths of variable fields
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Boulat Khakimov wrote:

> Michelle Murrain wrote:
> >
> > On Monday 05 March 2001 07:05 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
> > > Join attrelid against the OID column of pg_class ...
> >
> > Um, which column?  When I look at that table, I see the following columns...
> >
> > relname             | reltype | relowner | relam | relpages | reltuples |
> > rellongrelid | relhasindex | relisshared | relkind | relnatts | relchecks |
> > reltriggers | relukeys | relfkeys | relrefs | relhaspkey | relhasrules |
> > relacl
> >

> Yup, indeed there is no such field in pg_class.

Figure I can field this one in hopes of giving Tom more time for other
things :)

It's a system column, so it doesn't show up in the
column list that you see from a select * query, but if you do a
select oid from pg_class; you'll get it.