Re: \du in psql patchp - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alex Perel
Subject Re: \du in psql patchp
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Alex Perel writes:
>
> > I quickly put together a patch to psql that allows one to view current
> > system users. The code is very simple, but it seems to work.
> >
> > The usage is as follows:
> >
> > database=# \du [username]
>
> Hi, we're currently in beta, but this one seems reasonable to add in 7.2.

Great, that's perfectly fine for me.

> > I apologize in advance for my lack of C skills, and I will gladly
> > accept any criticism or advice. I'm hoping I can figure out a way
> > to write an equivalent for groups, once I determine how to
> > get around the grolist integer[] column in pg_group.
>
> I think the pg_group table will be redesigned in 7.2 so it can be queried
> better.

Excellent! Is there any way I can help out with that? Do you have any
pointers to where the relevant code is? I've tried looking but didn't
come up with anything.

      Alex G. Perel  -=-  AP5081
veers@disturbed.net  -=-  aperel@verticalscope.com
               play  -=-  work

Disturbed Networks - Powered exclusively by FreeBSD
== The Power to Serve -=- http://www.freebsd.org/