Re: (one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available . - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Snow
Subject Re: (one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available .
Date
Re: (one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available .  (Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
> > If there are no objections then I'm ready to add changes to 7.1.
> > Else, I'll produce patches for 7.1 just after release and incorporate
> > changes into 7.2.
>
> I'd vote for the second choice.  I do not think we should be adding new
> features now.  Also, I don't know about you, but I have enough bug fix,
> testing, and documentation work to keep me busy till January even
> without any new features...

It'd be really naughty to add it to the beta at this stage.  Would it be
possible to add it to the 7.1 package with some kind of compile-time option?
So that those of us who do want to use it, can.

- Andrew