Re: MS-Access: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jeff MacDonald
Subject Re: MS-Access: MySQL vs. PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm not a Access user , but i have dealt with convering applications
from Access to Postgres. The data swicthing in trivial, either dump it
or use odbc. But i've never had to play with migrating queries, it
would probably be in your best interests to rewrite them..

How to access store queries ? is it sql, or some mutated microsoft mismash ?

Jeff

On Sun, 26 Nov 2000, Hubert Hafner wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we have lots of querries (!) and records in our MS-Access-Database.
> Trying to migrate MDB to MySQL is very difficult because some
> querries doesn't work anymore (and creating the queeries again
> is much work)
> Does anyone know if converting to PostgreSQL is easier?
>
> Thanx
> Hafner Hubert

Jeff MacDonald,

PostgreSQL Inc        | Hub.Org Networking Services
jeff@pgsql.com        | jeff@hub.org
www.pgsql.com        | www.hub.org
1-902-542-0713        | 1-902-542-3657
Facsimile : 1 902 542 5386