Re: ODMG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: ODMG
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Aristide Aragon wrote:

> I was wondering...
> Are there any plans to include ODMG support for psotgresql? ...
> Or does anybody know of an open source ODMG DBMS?
> It'd be cool if besides being object-relational, postgresql were
> object oriented too!

From my understanding, based on a long, and informative, conversation with
Thomas last week, it doesn't sound like its possible to be both OR *AND*
OO at the same time.  We can implement some OO features, but, at least the
way I understood it, to go fully OO would mean removing the whole OR ...

If you, and/or a group of ppl, want to work on OO features that can be
merged in *without* affecting the OR base, plesae feel free to do so
... we even have a mailng list (pgsql-hackers-oo) setup for discussing
this issue, but other then a few threads when it was first setup, it kinda
grew dead :(