Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announce: Release of PyGreSQL version 3.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Announce: Release of PyGreSQL version 3.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> darcy@druid.net (D'Arcy J.M. Cain) writes:
> > When is 7.1 being locked down?  I may be releasing 3.1 with a few small
> > fixes and changes very soon.
>
> You've probably got about 2 weeks before beta starts.  Bug fixes are
> accepted during beta freeze, of course --- just no new-feature
> development.

how are we dealing with third party software like this though?  Stuff like
PyGreSQL and PGAccess should be "at the authors discretion", no?  As they
don't interfere with the core functionality and build of the system?