Introducing the PostgreSQL, Inc. Replication Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Corporate Communications
Subject Introducing the PostgreSQL, Inc. Replication Server
Date
List pgsql-general
 Wolfville, Nova Scotia                                   PostgreSQL, Inc.
 For Release 9 p.m. EDT                                        PO Box 1648
 Tuesday, September 26th, 2000                      Wolfville, Nova Scotia
                                                           Canada, B0P 1X0
                                                        Phone 902 542 0713
                                                  Toll Free 1 877 542 0713
                                                          Fax 902 542 5386

                       Introducing the PostgreSQL, Inc. Replication Server

   "When we announced our ongoing development of the PostgreSQL Enterprise
      Replication Server (eRServer) last month I had no idea how great the
    interest and demand for this would be." states CEO Geoff Davidson. "We
        have received dozens of inquiries from customers, competitors, and
 development companies asking for more information. Today I'm very pleased
        to announce that the first prerelease version of eRServer has been
                                                   delivered for testing."

   "At the moment we are limiting our test groups to our existing Platinum
    Partners and those clients whose requirements include these features."
    advises Jeff MacDonald, VP of Support Services. "We expect to have the
   source code tested and ready to contribute to the open source community
 before the middle of October. Until that time we are considering requests
 from a number of development companies and venture capital groups to join
                                                      us in this process."

  Davidson explains, "These initial Replication functions are important to
  almost every commercial user of PostgreSQL. While we've fully funded all
      of this development ourselves, we will be immediately donating these
  capabilities to the open source PostgreSQL Global Development Project as
             part of our ongoing commitment to the PostgreSQL community."

     This initial release of eRServer is intended to support companies and
     individuals in development of applications that require the following
                                               functions and capabilities:
                 * Server to Client Replication
                 * Data Merge [PostgreSQL to PostgreSQL]
                 * Data Converge [ODBC/other to PostgreSQL]
                 * Mirroring & Disaster Recovery
                 * Test Regions for development & scenario activities
                 * Full & Differential Replication [backup / update]
                 * Data Hierarchy Replication [need to know distributions]

 Jeff MacDonald               Marc Fournier        Thomas Lockhart
 * 1 877 542 0713             * 1 877 542 0713     * thomas@pgsql.com
 * jeff@pgsql.com             * marc@pgsql.com

 Geoff Davidson               eRServer Info:
 * 1 416 410 4124 ext. 1      www.eRServer.com
 * geoff@pgsql.com

 For a copy of this document in PDF format go to:
 http://www.pgsql.com/press/Pgsql_Inc_Press-5.pdf