Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>     Final notes:
>
>     I  hate  these "MySQL" vs. "PostgreSQL" articles that want to
>     say "this one is the better". Each one  has  it's  advantages
>     and disadvantages. Both have a long TODO.

Also, none of the 'comparisons' take the time to deal with the fact that
ones "disadvantages" can generally be overcome using its
"advantages" (ie. speed issues with PostgreSQL can generally be overcome
by making use of its high end features (ie. subselects)) ...