Re: Quick questions regarding patches (and BeOS patch Q) - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: Quick questions regarding patches (and BeOS patch Q)
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Adam Haberlach wrote:

>     What is a good way to create patches?  Can/should I use
> the `cvs diff` command?  Should I have parallel orig/new source
> trees?

context diffs are a must, unified cause too many problems ... cvs diff -c
should do it ...

>     In continuation of the BeOS thread, would anyone scream
> bloody murder if I created a smaller patch that just affected
> libpq, to at least get frontend support into the tree for the
> time being?

As long as nobody can see anything that it would break ... in general, its
much much easier to get a series of smaller patches in then one big one,
as its easier/faster for someone to go through and see any problems it
might cause ...