Re: FreeBSD PostgreSQL7 port and v7.0.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: FreeBSD PostgreSQL7 port and v7.0.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, John Daniels wrote:

> Hi:
>
> > > Thanks, I check into that.  I have assumed, from my own reading of
> > > the release history, that:
> > >
> > >     1) 7.0.1 fixes some minor bugs, and
> > >     2) 7.0.2 was released so quickly after 7.0.1 because some
> > > documentation was left out as an oversight (which was probably
> > > already in of 7.0.0).
> > >
> > > Which led me to conclude that:
> > >     1) there should be no change to the patches that make 7.0.x
> > > run with FreeBSD
> > >     2) there are no new files from 7.0.0 to 7.0.2
> >
> >the only caveat to 2 ... there are now docs, which we missed
> >including in v7.0.1 ... are those installed anywhere?
>
> FreeBSD currently has a port (in the ports collection) of v7.0.0.  There has
> not been a port of v7.0.1.  I am trying to edit the v7.0.0 port so that it
> will install v7.0.2.  My assumptions, listed above, lead me to beleive that
> this should be fairly easy to do.
>
> I am not the port maintainer (he is busy until the end of the month, as
> described in my previous post), and I have not previously created or
> customized a port, so I am trying to get more info from people, like
> yourself, who are more knowledgeable about ports or Postgresql.
>
> The crucial question at this point seems to be: has there been any change in
> the number and names of postgresql files from v7.0.0 to v7.0.2?  v7.0.1 is
> inconsequential since I am editing/customizing a port that works for v7.0.0.

Installed, no ... in fact, I can't think of the last time anything was
added to the number of files installed ...

> (After I have installed 7.0.2, I will send a diff and comments to the port
> maintainer to help him when he updates the port.)
>
> John
>
> P.S. My mail to pgsql-general@postgresql.org doesn't seem to be getting
> through.  Would you have any idea why this is so?

Are you subscribed to the list?  its a closed list, subscribers-only
... we're using majordomo2, so you can do a 'subscribe-nomail' so that you
can post but not get any messages back ...