Re: troubles installing postgresql6.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vince Vielhaber
Subject Re: troubles installing postgresql6.4
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Marcos Lloret wrote:

> hi,
>
>     i do not know what superuser account i made. so i am not able to do
> initdb.. it says..
>
>     We are initializing the database system with username XXXXX
> (uid=500).
>     This user will own all the files and must also own the server
> process.
>
>     mkdir: cannot create directory
> `/usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1': Relaying denied.
>     Creating template database in /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
>     ERROR:  cannot create pg_proc
>     ERROR:  cannot create pg_proc
>     initdb: could not create template database
>     initdb: cleaning up by wiping out
> /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/template1
>
>     what should i do????
>
>     thanks in advance,
>
> marcos
> marcos@ival.es

Start by installing version 7.0.2 which is available at:

    http://www.postgresql.org

then follow the installation instructions carefully and you'll be up and
running in a very short time.  On a decently fast machine it shouldn't
take but 30-60 minutes (longer if you're on a slow internet connection).

Vince.
 128K ISDN from $22.00/mo - 56K Dialup from $16.00/mo at Pop4 Networking