Re: OO Patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: OO Patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 20 May 2000, Chris wrote:

> And then I couldn't figure out where the project is heading, so I didn't
> know what to work on, so I didn't. I want to know up front if PQ is
> disappearing in favour of Corba or not.

Eventually ... maybe.  But, I agree with Tom on this, it will be awhile
before libpq can/will disappear, as there is too much code out there that
relies on it.  Figuring our release cycles being 4-6mos, and figuring that
it would be *at least* 2 full releases after Corba was fully implemented
before we could phase out libpq, figure, oh, 2 years at least before libpq
*could* disappear :)

Systems Administrator @ hub.org