Re: Eternal vacuuming.... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: Eternal vacuuming....
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 11 May 2000, Tim Perdue wrote:

> This seems like a hack to me personally. Can someone figure out why the
> vacuum runs forever and fix it? Probably a logic flaw somewhere?

I run on a >9million tuple database, and growing, in <10 minutes or so
... its the search engine for the archives, and I'm finding that if I do a
'vacuum verbose', I'm getting alot of deletes (updated records) ...

not quite the same number that you are reporting, mind you, but ...

what does a 'vacuum verbose' show for you?  and youa ren't doing a 'vacuum
analyze', are you?