Re: logging problem ... ? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: logging problem ... ?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 8 May 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> > D'oh ... there ya go, lotsa days flying through now ...
>
> Ah, much better.  You just *thought* you weren't launching a backend
> every second or so :-)

tell me about it ... now, if it were possible to redirect each backend to
a seperate file, so that I had X files pertaining to what happened through
that backend, that would be cool ... maybe play with v7.1 on this one :)

> Kinda looks like the backend -o switch doesn't redirect as much as
> I would've thought --- most of the backend's debug output is coming
> out in the postmaster log not the other file.  Something to look at
> later.

*nod*

Systems Administrator @ hub.org