Re: So we're in agreement.... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: So we're in agreement....
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 9 May 2000, Philip Warner wrote:

> At 12:02 8/05/00 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au> writes:
> >
> >Hmm.  The main problem with this is that once we get into having actual
> >encryption/decryption code in Postgres, we are going to run afoul of US
> >export regulations and other headaches.
>
> I thought that they had been relaxed recently, but I take the point: it's
> probably not been relaxed enough. Then again, maybe 48 bit (or 56 or 112 or
> whatever) is sufficient.

Being a Canadian based project, like OpenBSD, I do not believe that these
issues apply ... even FreeBSD, based in California, appears to be getting
around them now ... something about making you download rsaref seperately,
they can now ship with OpenSSH included as part of the system?