Re: ``..Advice For New Immigrants... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: ``..Advice For New Immigrants...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 4 May 2000, Don Baccus wrote:

> At 12:50 AM 5/5/00 -0300, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>
> >What's wrong with being patient while I work with the Majordomo2 guys
> >towards getting the bug fixed?  Which I've applied tonight, so this
> >*should* no longer happen ... like our code has always been perfect?
>
> OK, so we don't get posts in our mailbox like this, but don't our
> posts show up in the newsgroups?

That they do ... and they show up in an easily cullable web archive too
... actually, I'd personally be more worried abou the web archive then the
newsgroups *shrug*  That is permanent :)

> >and *before* we moved to majordomo2, and had proper restrict_post in
> >place, it was zero ... the gateway has been there for >1year now, its only
> >since going to majordomo2 that anyone has really noticed it ...
>
> Why not face the reality that Usenet is the past, not the present and
> certainly not the future?

That is a matter of opinion, and you are most welcome to yours ... I still
use Usenet, as do several users that have been subscribing to the loophole
mailing list and posting bug reports through Usenet ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org